1/19/12

Full circle and around again

First there was black and white, then there was color.
We all loved the color. 
 Then it became fashionable and artistic to go back to black and white.

I ran across this artist that starts back at the original black and white photos
and colorizes them in a very natural and believable way.

Ironic, isn't it?  We have color, but glamorize b&w.
Back then, they would have loved to have color.
I guess what we have now that they didn't then is variety.
I like that.

Visit the links below to see more iconic photos 





4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh cool. I like the depression-era woman the best. I would love to see some of our old family photos done this way!

Sheri said...

I didn't even know this was possible. Cool!

Cindy said...

I like the color...not sure why though...more realistic maybe or maybe I just like color!

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes, variety! We are so lucky to live in an era where we can have our choice. I'm going to check out that site. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...