7/15/12

Two things I am not

I am a person of many interests, passions and even a few talents.  This post will not focus on those traits, however.  Rather, I will be sharing a couple of things that I don't have a burning passion for or a great talent for:
Cooking and Food Photography.

Some people (some I even gave birth to) love to cook.  Me, I cook out of necessity and only when I have to.  I gave it my all when I had children to raise, but since we've been empty-nesters, truth be told, Bobby cooks more than I do. I can "get the job done" adequately enough, just nothing to write home about.  Eating, on the other hand, is my favorite sport!

I believe I have a budding talent for photography, especially when it comes to people (some I even gave birth to) and the occasional landscape or wildflower.  I've taken a few photos that I'm pretty proud of.  I've not had the same success rate with photographing food.  Same as my cooking, I can get the job done, but I won't be featured in Better Homes and Gardens on either count.

Yet today, I share with you in all its photogenic glory:


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake


It is delicious, if I do say so myself!
Follow this link for the recipe and much better pictures.

4 comments:

Amy said...

*sigh*
We really, really should have shown up at your house with a gallon of milk after church!

bois-fleurie said...

YOur cake looks scrumptious,the only cooking I like doing is making cakes
but sadly eating too many have an adverse effect and could lead to my having to take up dressmaking.

Kristin said...

Mmm... I wish I had some! Guess I might have to get over in my kitchen today.

Linda Jacobs said...

Your post made me laugh! I think you did an admirable job at photographing that delicious-looking cake! Chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!

I envy your talent at taking people pictures; I'm terrible at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...