1/10/16

2016 Word of the Year - "Experiment"


I'm not much of a believer in New Year's resolutions, but I've found inspiration in choosing a word of the year.  Rather than a specific list of goals, it gives me a focus to apply to many areas of my life.
Last year my word was "action."  Looking back, I can see many areas where taking action came into play and because of it I accomplished a lot of things.

This year my word is "experiment."  When I decided on it, I was thinking specifically about my art.  I tend to play it safe, stay with the tried and proven, stick with the routine.  This year I plan to step outside my comfort zone, try and possibly fail, but in the trying to also learn. If it works like last year, I expect my experimenting to spill over into other parts of my life as well.

Here's to a year of happy experiments!








Supplies:
Neocolors II - yellow and blue
Craft Acrylics - purple and white
Ranger archival ink
 unmounted text stamp from I Brake for Stamps
Finnabair Brick cling stamp by Prima
ColorBox Petal Point classic ink pad
Gelli print paper
Stabilo All pencil
waterbrush
old foam stamp from children's art supplies
punchinella and homemade gesso
Hampton Small Face Frame stamp
LePen permanent marker








1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey! I just came across your blog via a link from a fb group. I am pretty darn new to art journaling, and I have been reading blogs, tutorials, and watching videos like crazy. I'll get inspired and work in my own journal, then go back and watch some more videos. :-) I love your style!

I did want to mention one thing that I find super helpful in youtube process videos. It is so helpful when people narrate what they are doing and why instead of the background music on a sped up video. I even watch long videos just so I can hear about the process. The sped up ones with the narration are the very best of both worlds! I don't know how hard it is to do, and I haven't seen a ton of videos that do it. But, as a super newbie, it has been the most helpful sort. Let me know if you decide to do it! Now I'm off to see if I can figure out how to subscribe to your blog. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...