10/24/08

Fly or Sing?

Thanks for all your input on my last post. Because it was hidden there on the page all along, I've decided to call it Something To Say. Kind of ironic, since I posted it with the idea that I had nothing to say.




And now my page for tonight:

This page incorporated four punches. I didn't start out for it to be a 'punchy' page, but then I rarely start out with too much of a plan. But now that it is finished I notice how many punches I used. I got a lot of mileage out of the corner punch by creating lots of 'corners' along the edges. I got a nifty tag punch a while back that I've never used, so it got initiated on this page. The butterfly punch and music note punch round out all the tools.....unless you want to get technical and count the hole punch I used on the tag!
Someone commented that my pages are quite a bit more colorful than usual. Does that mean something deep and artsy or just digging deeper into the paint box? Hmmm.....

8 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I like how you hung those small tags off of a length of sheet music! So clever! The whole thing sings!

On another note, I was wondering when we are supposed to post our banners. They are so beautiful, I want to show them off!

Tammy said...

Wonderful! I had no idea they made a tag punch. It's going on my ever-growing wish list. =) I love your cheerful Punchy Page!! Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving comments. It makes me happy I'm not the only one reading my blog. =P

Cindy said...

Regarding the bright colors, it could be something like Picasso's Blue period or his Rose period which were essentially reflections of how he felt. The broad strokes of his psyche, so to speak...you may be feeling bright and bold! Or on the other hand, maybe you are running low of your previous colors...

carolann said...

Absolutely awesome work hun I love the colours well done xxxxx

Sarah said...

It's so beautiful!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Lisa, I'm really loving all your journal pages!!

I don't know what it means, but the same thing happened to me: When I started art journalling, the color just seemed to spill out of me and onto the pages. Before that, I used color much more studiously. Maybe it's the sense of abandon. I know that for me personally, freedom is very important, and I am certainly much more of a free spirit when I'm journalling, so maybe deep inside we're more colorful than we realized??? Or previously expressed??? I have no idea! But I do LOVE your pages!!

Linda Jacobs said...

It's not as bad as it sounds. Yes, it's been 30 years since I visited this particular library but we lived in a different town when they kids were growing up and I was there every other week if not more.

I love libraries! Next summer I'm going to pay to join the one in Ocean Park. When we spent a winter in Hawaii, I joined the one in Wailua and I remember reading the book Hawaii by James Michener. That was back in 1991-92. Nathan was in the 11th grade and Erin was in 7th. My how time flies!

Anyway, I've always been a library groupie!

AC said...

thanks for stopping by crazy jug's sunday scribbling. I enjoyed visiting your blog. You are SO talented. You have a very unique scrapping style. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...