3/9/09

Bits and pieces

To my Round Robin friends:  In the true spirit of passing the fun around (or commiseration) (or just inhaling a bad germ), I came down with a little something last week that sucked the life right out of me. Not only did I not feel like going to work or church, but I didn't have the strength to even sit at my craft table.

That is, until yesterday.  

While wasting away in my recliner, I found a Flickr pool showcasing these:

These little pretties,  which the pool called Bits and Pieces, are good for a recuperating artist since they can be constructed bit by bit, five minutes at a time.  I want to try another one when I am feeling better--I think I can improve upon it.

The piece above is on 8 1/2" x 11"  heavy cardstock. The 'bits' are 2 1/2" square.  

If you spend anytime at all browsing the Flickr pool, you will be inspired to make one too!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry to hear you came down with a bug! Glad you are feeling better now! Cute idea that I think I might try.

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is GORGEOUS! Mosaics have always been my favorite look, and I'm a bit OCD, so I love things that are lined up and in order! Love the pinkness. This is just awesome! Yes, I think I definitely have to make one.

Sorry to hear you were under the weather - the only good part about that is not having to do other stuff (like go to work) so you can sneak into your studio! :)

Linda Jacobs said...

These look like fun! I'm thinking my Nature Journaling kids would enjoy making some of these using things they pick up when we go outdoors.

Glad you are on the mend!

RubyMay said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Lisa...I hope you are much better now x

Thanks for sharing this idea with us...I love projects that you can add to bit by bit so this is right up my street !
Yours looks beautiful x

Mary Lynn said...

Lisa I hate to hear that you have been sick, but I hope you are on the road to recovering 100%. My goodness your new piece of art is just as pretty as it can be. I may have to go look up Bits and Pieces myself. It looks like this would be great to work on to get you started or when you have all those leftover items on the work surface after a project.

Tammy said...

I'm sorry to hear the bug bit you too. It's hanging onto me for dear life the bugger! Your book will be mailed out tomorrow so you'll have something to look forward too. I love the mosaic's they are so very pretty!!

Tereza Crump said...

oh, my, oh, my!! these are gorgeous!! Such great eye candy!! I gained a few pounds just looking at them. I am going to have to make one too!! :) These sure can get anyone feeling better in no time. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...