4/1/09

Round Robin - My Favorite Book

My layout for Lisa M's book:


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
by Betty Smith

The delight of this piece was how I first envisioned it in my head, sketched it on a scrap, and then watched it develop into reality on the page.   It was so different for me to work on a piece knowing the outcome from the start.  Usually there is a starting point with no definite destination in mind, just stopping when it looks done--the old flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants method.  


5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is a perfect interpretation of the book. I think it is beautiful and especially love the way you added the leaves to the shadow of the tree! Fabulous!

Mary Green said...

This is beautiful and very fitting.

Tammy said...

How wonderful and depictive! It looks aweseom. The slide shows at the end of this swap are going to be SO much fun to see. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. My confidence is indeed growing. =) *HUGS*

Linda Jacobs said...

This layout makes me want to read that book again! Great quotes and, like Cindy said, the leaves on the shadow of the tree are haunting and hopeful at the same time!

Can't wait for it to get here!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! Wow, I feel so lucky to have this beautiful spread in my book! Whoo-hoo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...