3/20/11

Aiming for the moon

Last night was the night of the supermoon!
It was a beautiful evening to be out on my upstairs balcony, 
trying out my less than stellar camera skillz.

Just beginning to rise through the trees

Encased in clouds

Shining brightly

Super-exposure
This is one of those 'mistakes' that turned out pretty neat.  
The 30 second exposure captured the clouds as they
drifted across the moon.

Mediocre photos aside, the balcony, the moon and cool night air made for an evening well spent.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, I like the super-exposure one. And the color of the streetlight below makes you imagine there is a giant campfire/bonfire lighting the trees.

Linda Jacobs said...

They came out great! I like that you had trees and clouds for perspective. I was in my bedroom with the window open to the 10 degree air with my husband hollering at me to shut it! Not quite so pleasant as you! LOL

bois-fleurie said...

Here last night the whole sky became an amazing pale orange,it made me feel a wonderful sense of peace standing outside just gazing at the moon.

Cindy said...

I sought out the highest hill 30 minutes before the moon was due to rise. I wanted to appreciate it for as long as I possibly could. I was so amazed at the size of it and its deep orange color as it began to rise above the horizon. What a wonderful world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...