Back to backgrounds
I finished up a banner swap project today and was in the mood to keep working. I started by preparing a blue and green acrylic background in my current altered book. While waiting for it to dry, I grabbed a 6' x 8' canvas board and some orange acrylic paint. By applying the paint with a dry sponge the paint dried quickly--faster than what I had going on in the book. Soon I was stenciling, stamping, layering, and adding bits of scrap. I had nothing in mind when I started other than fading the darker orange edge to a lighter center for a glowing effect. I wanted to practice some background techniques. This is what I ended up with--mainly background and little focal point, but it was fun to create.