6/29/09

Inner Sight


My media of choice is obviously collage. I enjoy it for many reasons: the paper, the cutting, the layering, the manipulating of images I find pleasing into a whole piece.

That being said, I am also a doodler, but I've never applied that trait into my art so much. Why? I don't know.

Sometimes when I close my eyes at night, especially if I have just come from my art table not long since, I see designs on the blank screens of my eyelids. The card above is one such image that I purposely detailed, committed to memory and recreated on paper the next day.

I think I shall call it "Inner Sight".

6 comments:

Cindy said...

This has a Moroccan feel about it. The dots at the bottom are almost a paisely. I love paisely.

Tammy said...

I love this! I love drawings done over text. They always seem more complex and complete! I'm a sucker for a paisley too! This is a winner!

Linda Jacobs said...

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!

My second is in August sometime. I'll have to check.

I love your drawing over the written page! I've never done much of that since I can't draw worth beans!

A couple years ago I had my poetry-writing students do altered books and one of the girls used crayons to fill in all the pages with her artwork. I loved it!

Linda Jacobs said...

I just checked and I wrote my first entry on July 28, 2007. I didn't get any comments until August 23rd and guess who that was! Yes, YOU! Thanks!

Lynn said...

I just love this !!!! I imagine it is very relaxing to doodle on a collage and draw like you have done. Love how you created it over the pages of text too.

John Dyhouse said...

cool, I love doodles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...