6/27/09

Wishful thinking

We are baking here in Texas. 100+ degrees every day. These blues look cool and refreshing in contrast to the melting sun and dry heat.

This card has some embossing on the background. The faux pearl drops are accented with a little glitter.


The next card is very textured and dimensional. After gluing the cord, dots and other stuff to the card, I gessoed the whole thing a couple of times. Next I painted it with white acrylic, applied crackle medium, and then blue acrylic. The crackle didn't behave like I wanted it to, so while the blue paint was still wet, I wiped it off. This is the result:
This was an experiment that came to me as I was listening to Mozart. The CD cover notes: "Music for Creativity and Imagination" I guess it works--I cranked out 9 ATCs this afternoon.

5 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love these! I've never tried embossing but it looks great! And I really like the effect of the Gesso, etc. on the second one! Fun to experiment!

Kristin said...

Very nice! We're baking here in Arkansas as well.

Cindy said...

Baking is going around from what I hear. Whew! But these cards evoke cooler days. Nice to think about.

Mary Lynn said...

This looks really great, and I know it would be fun to do!

John Dyhouse said...

great atc's, especially love the overall effect on the blue textured one

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...